Between Art and Technology
Multiple technics makes it possible to create impossible scenes. What seems to be good can create trouble
List of Exhibitions 2011 - 2015:
- 2011 „Il faut voir pour le croire“, Exhibition and training Groupe Scolaire Jean Monet, sponsor DRAC et FRAC, Strasbourg ,France Discover the art, science and techniques of 3D visualisations, experiment new perceptions, and produce 3D images.
- 2011 „L'univers de la réalité virtuelle avec et sans lunettes“ Facultés des sciences Semlalia, Université Cadi Ayyad , Marrakech, Maroc. When new 3D media technologies offer a palette of possibilities . Advantages and constraint of the different variations in regards of teaching programs.
- 2011 „ Les images en 3D“ FMJC, Lautenbourg, France. Teaching program How to read an image, what wedo we see and do not see, and practical creation of 3D images on the local historical environment.
- 2011 „ Projets Hologrammes, art et science“ The pupils present their 3D works and explain their experience to other pupils in a forum of science, Exposcience, Geispolsheim, France
- 2011 „ Les images en 3D„ FMJC, Lautenbourg, France. Teaching program and exhibition „How to read an image, what do we see and do not see „ with practical creation of 3D images about the local historical environment.
- 2011 “Video Sculpture” with 3-D Glasses free Panels and Cinema 4D Illustration, e.g. for DLR at the f-Cell Stuttgart
- 2013“Video Sculpture” with 3-D Glasses free Panels and Cinema 4D Illustration, e.g. for DLR at the Airport Stuttgart
- 2016 “Lineage, Bilder einer Reise ins Ich”. Materializing on paper the multiples level of inner nets and dreams, by DÖ, Exhibition by OM in Praxis Anneliese Tschenett, Roschein, France
Between 2011 and 2016 Dietmar& Odile did lot of work on 3D Illustration for multi view panels.
3D in School.
3D in School.
List of Exhibitions 2005 - 2010:
- 2005 „Micro Hologram“ Inside a holographic dot; hologram and nanoscopy of a hologram, an installation which shakes the view, and questions the mind, West Photonics, San Jose California, and Canadian presentations in Montreal.
- 2005 „Winner of Innovation Award“, Projekt Region Braunschweig 2005, Numerous exhibitions and presentations in Braunschweiger Land and surroundings.
- 2006 Synthetische Hologramme, eine neue Generation von Bildmedien, Braunschweig, Goslar, Hildesheim etc.
- 2007 „Hologramme im Phaeno“, Special exhibition from first holograms to new generation of digital synfogrammes and especailly the famous work „Phaeno“ created by D Öhlmann a real ………. Wolfsburg , ref:„Ingeborg Reichle, Steffen Siegle, Masslose Bilder, Visuelle Assthetik der Transgression„ Dr. Nicole Stöcklmayr
- 2007 Wissenschaft trifft Rock `n Roll - Videoclip-Videokunst - MTV und Viva, Eve Champagne, Aktion „Stadt der Wissenschaft 2007 Braunschweig“, Dietmar Öhlmann und Odile Meulien Öhlmann im Roten Korsar. Creation of a 7 secondes video in 4D of a cabaret band.
- 2007 Frühlingsgefühle im E.Werk Osterwieck,Harz, Körper in Raum und Zeit – Aquarelle, None-Hologram- und 3D-Video-Objekte, Germany
- 2007 „L’autre Perspective… en 3D“, stereo, anaglyphe, lenticular, hologramme, synfogramme, and more, Centre Culturel, Niedebronne les Bains, France.
- 2007 “Philiber” and “IAV” synfogrammes „ Fascination Light EU“, optics, light, digital world and future visualization, Bruxel
- 2007 Synfogramme im Kanzleramt (DLR zeigt gemeinsame Arbeiten)
- 2007 „ZeitwildnisHarz, Synfogramme in Torfhaus“ Digital hologram created with a one year series of photos, shows the 4 seasons of the nature in one single picture, Nationalpark Hartz.
- 2008 DGS Kongress in Bautzen, Germany. Exhibition and seminar, from the traditional 3D stereoscopic techniques to the new digital holographic recording, Parallel and differences.
- 2008 Braunschweiger Kulturnacht, Bildende Kunst, Synfogramme-Bilder aus Zeit und Licht, Musik und mehr.
- 2008 Sonderausstellung 3D Kunst bei der Mittelstands- und Wirtschaftsvereinigung der CDU
- 2009 “Video Sculpture” with 3-D Glasses free Panels and Cinema 4D Illustration, e.g. for DLR at the Airport Stuttgart, Hannover Messe
Between 2005 and 2010 Dietmar & Odile have been founding and managing the company Syn4D GmbH for the design and production of 4 Dimensional digital holographic displays.
If images become to live.
Images cupturing time.
Dancing in the picture.
Exhibition from analog to digital Holograms.
Stereotreff im Elsas.
Video on lenses free stereo displays.
List of Exhibition 2000 - 2005:
- 2000 “Multiples realities”, Installation with Holo-scultpures, none Holograms. Body, wave and expression formed a continuum of flow, with continuously changing reflecting light. Permanent collection, Millenium GmBH, Braunschweig.
- 2000 “The None Holograms” series “Holography 2000”, international exhibition of recent works from 30 artists and 16 countries. Stadtmuseum, St- Pölten, Austria
- 2001 “The Beauty”, Multimedia performance to enter the 5th dimension. Crossing dimensions and realities, with a figure once real once virtual, passing from a Video as computer animation, on stage, to the audience where it disappears. Millenium GmBH, Braunschweig
- 2001 „Dietmar Öhlmann Retrospective”. Exhibition of sketches, photos, sculptures, paintings. Millenium GMBH, Braunschweig
- 2001 “Experience Holography” exhibition and workshops for children, Lehndorf School, Braunschweig When art, science and technique meet to stimulate perceptions and animate new motivation to learn.
- 2002 „Experience the Light“ Genesis, Video and light Installation by DÖ at the Pyramide, Kulturnacht, Braunschweig coordination of the exhibition OM with participation of light designer, painter, and Tibetans chore and music.
- 2004 “ Nanu-Nano lichtskuplturen und installation” video, when new technology extends perception beyond natural limits of the sensory organs. Artist, D Öhlamnn and Physicist Hans Danzebrinck, PTB, Brauncshweig.
Between 2000 and 2005 Dietmar&Odile created lots of regional events with the support of Werner Lindeman, owner of Millenium GmbH Braunschweig.
List of Exhibition 1995 - 2000:
- 1995 The “Scream” Self portrait of Dietmar Öhlmann confronted to himself in multiple Dimensions "Let There Be Light”, The National Museum of Photography, Film & Television Bradford, England
- 1996 “Genesis” at the beginning was one light, installation with hologram and conference at "Space in Plane - Plane in Space", Hungarian Museum of Photography, Kecskemet, Hungary
- 1996-1997"Crystal of Light", outdoor holography and laser light installation in an ancient archeological excavation Kohlmarkt, Braunschweig, Germany
- 1997 "Tunnel of Light", Fifteen meter long holographic and light installation, for a benefit Concert for Bulgarian Children having cancer. Installation Sponsored by Coburn, Inc. Overwhelming sensations, let the public experiences another world. Millenium GMBH, Braunschweig, Germany
- 1997 "Raumgefühl", Light sculpture, ceramic and holography, Bilderhaus Treysa, Schwamstadt, Germany
- 1997 “Brücke des Lichts” Interior Design, Room as holographic light sculpture, Millenium Braunschweig, ASTI Collection curated by Odile Meulien
- 1998 „Let it flow“ Exhibition of the International Collection of Holographic artworks and new works of Europeans artists with lectures curated by Odile Meulien Millenium GmBH, Seminars on holography and lasers by Dietmar Öhlamnn Braunschweig, Germany
- 1999 „Le Souffle“ Multimedia installation, with fire, video and holographic material, what is reality?, Millenium GmBH, Braunschweig.
- 1999 “Brücken in eine neue Welt” preparation of the exhibits’ visualization, part of the EXPO 2000, Wolfenbuttel.
Between 1995 and 2000 Dietmar&Odile introduced Holography + Art to Braunschweig and the Region.
“Brücke des Lichts”
"Tunnel of Light"
"Tunnel of Light"
„Let it flow“
International Collection of Holographic artworks
„Let it flow“
3D International Collection of Holographic artworks
„Let it flow“
International Collection of Holographic artworks
List of Exhibition Odile 1990 - 1995:
- 1990 "Holograms: Images of the Future“, Exhibition about a medium with multiples applications in industry, commerce, and art, curated by Odile Meulien and organized thanks to numerous sponsors at Holography World-ASTI, Techworld Center, Washington DC. „
- 1991 „Art, Science and Technology Award“, Encouragement to artistic creativity, scientific and technical development of holography, ASTI, Washington, DC Odile Meulien´s Project.
Odile managing the Museum of Holography Washington DC.
Art, Science and Technology
Museum of Holography, Washington.DC.
Bridges in a new World
List of Exhibition 1990 - 1995 Dietmar Öhlmann:
- 1990 Holograms Exhibition, Academy of Art (H-B-K:), Braunschweig, Germany. Dietmar Öhlmann-artBridge-1990- organized the Exhibition with the RCA London, Degreed students of the holographic Unit of the RCA and the HBK Braunschweig. He invited Prof. Rod Murray and Dr Martin Richardson for lectures and workshops.
- 1990 “Human in Hyperspace series” Studio Exhibition of Holograms, Royal College of Art, London, England
- 1991 “Mathematical construction” and The “Cube” presented at actual Tendency of Holography in Germany, Modema Galerija, Ljubüjana,Yugoslavia. Curators: Peter Zec, Igor Zabel and Nives Zupet. Artists: Brigitte Burgmer, Georg A. Eisenhut, Ingenieurbüro Geiger, Itoko Ishihara, Andreas M. Kaufmann, Dietmar Öhlmann with his holographic light sculpture “The Cube” when a dot of light becomes an infinity in a cube), Vito OraZem & Thomas Lück, Carlo Schmelzer and Irmfried Wöber. Moderna Galerija,
- 1991 “Pyramid” and “the Cube” „ Scultpure of glass and mathemathical construction of light captured in a holographic element, Neue Tendenzen in der Deutschen Holografie“ Städtische Galerie Sole1, Bergkamen, Germany
- 1991 "Octagon" "Architectural installation" of glass, light and holograms, Retails Design and Interior Design International ", Earts Court' Exhibition Centre, London England
- 1991 "New Designers 91", Islington Exhibition Centre, London, England
- 1991 " Human in Hyperspace” The optical art series about Perception of human in a different time-space-continuum, “4th Symposium of Holography", International Jury Exhibit, Lake Forest, Illinois , U.S.A
- 1992 “Human in Hyperspace and the “Scream" exhibited at The Earth and the Frequencies of Life", ASTI- Art, Science and Technology Institute, Holography-Museum of the 3rd Dimension Washington, D.C., U.S.A
- 1992 The “Cube” and “Pyramid" Avanguardia dell'Arte Olografica", Rocca Paolina, Perugia Italy
- 1992 "Holograms by Dietmar Öhlmann" One man show, private gallery Braunschweig, Germany
- 1993 "Computer Generated Holograms", The beginning of a new era of digital holographic work, CeBit 93, Hannover, Germany
- 1993 “Human in Hyperspace”, series of Human bodies and fractal compositions in a time space continuum. "Computer Art/Arte Digital', Goethe Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1994 “Mirror of light” the feeling of having a floating image there without hologram , or the reflection of a transparent sculpture out of metal grid, at The 5th Symposium of Holography", International Jury Exhibit, Lake Forest, USA
- 1994 « The Scream » and « the Lens » Variations of the self portrait of the artiste in the 5th Dimension. "Holographia 2000", Maison Internationale de l'Holographie, Paris, France
Before 1995 Dietmar&Odile worked alone. Dietmar made his study at the Royal College of Art in London, while Odile has been running the Museeum of Holography in Washington DC.
"Human in Hyperspace"
Holo-serie on Eurpoa Tour.
Creation for the Fantasy Award.
„One men show“
Back in Germany
List of Exhibition Dietmar before the 1990:
- 1985 Open Air Exhibition of Large Format Photography, Cultural Centre, “Türkisches Jugendzentrum Hamburger Strasse”, Braunschweig, Germany, project from the HBK
- 1986 Open Air Exhibit of Photographic Installation, Chester College of Further- Education, Chester, UK
- 1987 Painting Exhibit, at the "School of Art", Liverpool, UK
- 1988 Dietmar Öhlmann 1st price winning with is “light cube the Mercantile Overseas”, school of Art, Liverpool. Erection of a Holographic Light Sculpture, for the 'Mercantile Overseas Bank", Isle of Man, England
- 1989 "The Surreal Object", Tate Gallery, International Fine Art Exhibition, Liverpool, England
- 1989 Founding "artBridge" with international artists studying at Hope University and the Art school of the Polytechnicum. Organizing international exhibitions to bridge art and industry, Liverpool University, England and Haifa, Israel.
- 1989 "The 5 th Dimensional Theatre", when reality is created by communication, Holographic Installation with bodily interaction, School of Art, Liverpool, UK
Between 2011 and 2015 Dietmar&Odile did lot of work with 3D Illustration for multi view paneels.
Thilo Rösler and Students
Mercantile Overseas Group.